Southbroom Golf Club takes pleasure in welcoming visitors.
The following information is provided in the interests of you enjoying your visit to Southbroom. Please CONTACT US should you need any further information or assistance.
- TIMES OF PLAY
- CONDITIONS OF PLAY
- COURSE INFORMATION
- WILDLIFE OFTEN SEEN ON THE COURSE
- GREEN FEES, CART, CLUB & CADDY HIRE
- DRESS CODE
- CLUBHOUSE & FACILITIES
- DIRECTIONS & MAP
- GOLF TOUR OPERATORS
TIMES OF PLAY
- Visitor tee-times are available Monday to Sunday.
- Wednesday and Saturday afternoons are reserved for members but, should times be available, visitors may play with the permission of the Golf Director.
- Groups of 16+ players must have the Golf Director’s permission to play.
|Field||Summer||Autumn & Spring||Winter|
|Morning field||6.30 – 8.30||6.45 – 8.00||7.00 – 7.45|
|Afternoon field||11.40 – 13.30||11.00 – 12.36||10.30 – 12.15|
|9 holes after field turns||+/- 16.00||+/- 15.15||+/- 14.45|
|One tee start on non-competition days.|
CONDITIONS OF PLAY
- A current certificate of Handicap must be produced.
- Players under 11 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Bookings for parties in excess of sixteen players must be approved by the Golf Director.
- Visitors may not bring their own drive carts onto the course without prior permission of the Golf Director and a trail fee is payable in the Pro Shop.
- No outside caddies are permitted without the permission of the caddy master.
- Soft spikes only
- It is customary in South Africa to stop for 15 minutes after 9 holes and enjoy refreshments at the halfway house. Visitors are requested to respect this custom and not play through preceding four-balls.
Stopp im Clubhaus nach 9 Loch !
In Südafrika ist es Sitte, nach 9 Loch eine kurze Pause einzulegen.
Bitte gehen Sie nach dem 9. Green für eine kurze Verpflegung (längstens bis der folgende Flight eintrifft) ins Halfway House (Eingang Clubhaus Terrasse).
Falls Sie durchspielen möchten, müssen Sie den vor Ihnen spielenden Flight um Erlaubnis bitten.
Wir danken Ihnen für Ihr Verständnis.
- Slow Play is unacceptable and players taking excessive time will be warned or asked to leave the course. Players are asked to give way if they are holding up the match behind.
- No mobile phones are allowed on the course
- No alcohol or glasses are permitted to be taken out onto the course
- Visitors are welcome to join the member competitions on confirmation of a valid handicap.
- In peak season, Wednesday and Saturday Competition ‘Standby Lists’ are open and visitors will be ‘filled in’ on the day.
- Large groups may not play in member competitions without the prior permission of the Golf Director.
- In peak holiday season, competitions are held daily and, except for Wednesday and Saturday afternoons, are open to all.
- Our Green Staff take every care in preparing the course for your enjoyment. Players are asked to assist by repairing pitch marks, replacing divots and raking bunkers after use.
- Sand bags are available from the Pro Shop.
- Due to essential course maintenance, some temporary greens or tee-boxes may be in operation.
WILDLIFE OFTEN SEEN ON THE COURSE
GREEN FEES, CART, CLUB & CADDY HIRE
Fees quoted in South African Rands:
|Fee by type||18 holes||9 holes|
|Adult||Non Affiliated to any club||R 395||R 235|
|Adult||Affiliated to any recognised golf club world wide||Saturdays & peak season||345||205|
|Drive cart hire||R 260||R 160|
|Golf club hire – Refundable deposit of R100 required||160||100|
|Pull cart hire||50||50|
|Trail fee – Personal drive cart||100||80|
|Caddy – minimum fee||195||100|
Fees valid to end of August 2017 and increase annually at +/- 10%.
Caddies should be requested in advance and are subject to availability. No outside caddies are permitted without permission of the caddy master.
Caddies are not employed by the Club itself, but are engaged by golfers who might require their assistance when playing golf. Those caddies are of varying levels: some are extremely capable at reading the lines of putts, calculating the distances to pins and recommending clubs to players. No matter what level of competence may have been attained, all caddies are required to be courteous and show great care for the course itself. They understand the need to repair pitch marks, divots and to rake untidy bunkers. The safety of personal effects is the responsibility of the player.
- IN THE CLUB HOUSE – Smart casual or Golf regulation.
- ON THE GOLF COURSE – Recognised golf attire.
- Management has the right to determine what is acceptable.
- Articles of value should not be left in the Locker Rooms as the Club cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage.
- When taking mobile telephone calls, please consider others, be discreet, and preferably move outdoors.
- In terms of the Liquor Law, persons under 18 years of age are not permitted to approach the bar.
Car parking is available in Mandy Road, just after the Pro Shop, and is clearly identifiable. It is in our Visitor’s interest to ensure that vehicles are securely locked and that valuables are kept out of sight. Although security guards are in operation, Southbroom Golf Club cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to personal belongings. Changing of golf clothing and shoes and partaking of drinks and snacks in the car park is strictly forbidden.
DIRECTIONS AND MAP
The clubhouse is located on Captain Smith’s Drive, Southbroom. CLICK Directions & Map for full detail.
Southbroom and the surrounding villages boast fine holiday cottage, bed & breakfast, guest lodge and country hotel accommodation. CLICK to view recommended club member establishments.
GOLF TOUR OPERATORS
The Southbroom community website has loads of information on the area and if you intend touring and golfing in South Africa, contact the following golf tour operators:
Soft spikes only
Caddy Master Robert & caddies
Drive carts for hire
Pull carts for hire
Please be on the tee 10 minutes before your starting time
Stop after 9 holes for refreshments
Slow play is unacceptable
Repair pitch marks
No alcohol & glasses on the course